Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions Of Hire
- All prices are exclusive of VAT
- All prices apply to one-hire period: 48 hours or Friday to Monday.
- Hired items remain the property of Gloucester Event Hire Ltd.
- The Hirer or Hirer’s agent is responsible for any loss or damage to equipment including any packaging supplied, from the time the equipment is delivered to, or collected by, the Hirer or Hirer’s agent until collected by, or returned to Gloucester Event Hire Ltd.
- Loss or damage will be charged for at the prevailing rate. The replacement of items by the hirer cannot be accepted.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment is fully covered by their own insurance with regard to loss, theft, damage, and public liability risks etc. Gloucester Event Hire Ltd. accepts NO responsibility for any such fault or claim.
- Gloucester Event Hire Ltd. cannot be held responsible for items held within fridges and/or freezers in the event of a breakdown.
- The Hirer undertakes to ensure that all persons using equipment hired are instructed to do so safely and are in possession of any instructional material supplied by Gloucester Event Hire.
- Deliveries & Collections –
- Deliveries and collections are quoted for a ‘door to door’ service by a lone driver. Our charges allow for the unloading and loading alongside our vehicle on to a hard standing.
- Please ensure you have sufficient manual assistance for the siting and moving larger orders.
- If a delivery or collection requires further assistance from Gloucester Event Hire charges may be applied. This includes repacking or reassembling equipment.
- Deliveries & collections are made Monday to Friday. Weekend and Bank Holiday deliveries and collections may be subject to additional charges.
- The hirer is responsible for checking the goods on delivery and must notify Gloucester Event Hire Ltd. immediately of any discrepancies. Complaints after the return of goods shall not be considered.
- Return Dirty Service Charge – For orders returned as used a cleaning charge of 20% of the hire charge will be made. This applied to all hire items EXCEPT Linen and items from the Kitchen Category as the hire rate already includes the servicing charge.
- On return to Gloucester Event Hire’s premises all hired goods will be checked in strict order of return. Our count as to quantity and quality is final. Customer replacement items will not be accepted.
- We regret substitute items cannot be accepted.
- Linen is susceptible to burns from cigarettes and if packed away wet may become completely ruined by mildew. Any cloths burnt, mildewed, torn or heavily stained will be charged for at the prevailing rate.
- Payment is due in full, together with a deposit acceptance of your order confirmation. Account holders shall pay all accounts within 30 days of receipt of goods. Interest is charged at 2% per month on overdue accounts. We accept most major credit/debit cards, cash, cheques and bank transfers. Non-payment of an order by the due date does not cancel the order
- PURCHASES: All products sold to the Purchaser will remain the property of the Vendor until such time as the appropriate invoice has been paid in full.
- CANCELLATIONS: In the event of a cancellation the following charges apply –
- up to 7 working days before hire date – 0% charge
- Between 7 and 3 days before hire date – 50% charge
- With 3 days of hire date – 100% charge
- Cancellations must be received in writing and acknowledged. Voice messages are unacceptable.
- Gloucester Event Hire Ltd. are committed to your safety. Please ensure Gas appliances, LPG bottles and electrical items are used in accordance with the prevailing guidelines. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the operated is qualified in the use of the equipment. User manuals and safety guidelines are available to download from our website.
- The company will send a written receipt as conformation of acceptance of order. The contract is made when this is sent.
SHOWROOM OPENING HOURS: 8.30am – 4.30pm MON - FRI
TELEPHONE: (01452) 750400